Alert Level 2 – Safety Guidelines:
- Our bus is up and running in the morning and afternoons as normal. There will be sanitiser available and we will keep a record of who is on the bus each day.
- When your child/children arrive at school we will encourage you to let them walk into school on their own.
- There will be staff members on duty to greet the children when they arrive in the morning.
- Please use our 1 main entrance, which is between Te Hono – our carved posts at the front of our school.
- If your tamariki are in the Hub (Room 12), Room 1, Room 7 or Room 2, 1 whānau member can take tamariki to the outside of their classroom – if you need to talk with our kaiako, they will come and see you if it’s not during class time.
- We are hoping that 8.30am can be the time of morning arrival for most students, with the exception of whānau who start work at 8.30am.
- Our free school lunches will continue.
- Please ensure your tamariki has a morning snack and a water bottle to use – we are discouraging the use of our drinking fountains during alert level 2.
- Breakfast Club will be available from 8.30am – 8.50am for tamariki who want a kai in the morning.
- We will provide follow-up information about sports and extra-curricular activities in time.
- It is expected that all tamariki return to school at this level unless advised otherwise by medical professionals.
5 Golden Rules for Whānau:
- Encourage your tamariki to enter the school gates on their own – we understand that some of our younger tamariki may require support and that’s okay – scan in, wear a mask if you choose.
- Avoid going into the classrooms – schedule an appointment if you need to see our kaiako.
- Keep your personal space and maintain distancing regulations from others.
- Be wise, sanitise!
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, if you are unwell, please stay home and phone us (07) 345 6051.
5 Golden Rules for Tamariki:
- Keep your personal space – the bubble you can draw around you.
- Be wise and sanitise.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow, nobody wants a germ shower!
- If you are unwell and feeling sick – stay home.
- Play, learn and have fun!